Working closely with the Director of Sales and the Senior Manager of Sales Operations, the Manager, Sales Training will work independently to create and support training programs for District Sales Managers, Management Associates, Division Sales Managers and Independent Sales and Leadership Representatives. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Manager, Sales Training is a result-oriented person who will foster an environment of ongoing learning and professional development within the organization.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop educational training materials and programs for District Sales Managers, Management Associates, Division Sales Managers, as well as Independent Sales Representatives and Independent Leadership Representatives. These training programs incorporate adult learning principles, for web-based and distance learning courses as well as classroom programs.
- Review design documents, storyboards, online courses, and coordinate and conduct Quality Assurance on LMS pages. Manage the review process by subject matter experts.
- Create, evaluate, and measure training programs effectiveness and think outside the box to implement cost-effective training strategies and activities which will enhance information delivery & Retention.
- Act as a liaison with HR to evaluate, develop, and deliver training solutions for New District Sales Managers Onboarding and High Potential District Sales Managers and Division Sales Managers.
- Conduct the New Field Sales Managers onboarding classes
- Work with the Projects’ Team to create change management plans and conduct Train-The-Trainer sessions and change management meetings for all field managers.
- Lead, inspire and motivate a team of talented Field Sales Trainers (FST). Support and supervise Field observations and review Observation Reports.
- Establish the yearly Training Budget. Manage & monitor the expenses monthly. Evaluate the Costs of Trainings for each level (Field Managers, Leaders and Representatives)
- Assist the Director of Sales with various training activities and meetings’ presentations, example: Division Management Meetings, District Sales Managers Workshops, Division Sales Events, National Sales Conference, etc.
- Other related duties assigned.
Experience and Required Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in training & development (Experience within a direct sales or telemarketing organization would be a definite asset.)
- Experience in instructional design methodologies, development and evaluation of web-based strategies.
- Bilingualism (English and French, written and verbal) would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills with strong people/interviewing skills
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Good knowledge of multimedia toolsets. (Flash and html).
- Experience with e-learning software e.g. Adobe Captivate 9 or similar
- Presentation Skills – able to create presentations independently, execute training materials and facilitate both live and virtually with confidence and clarity.
- Coaching Skills – required to role model various skills, be observed and observe others and provide coaching feedback towards growing confidence levels for the DSM, Leader and Representative.
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports then transform the analysis into an action plan to correct behaviors and drive results.
- Proven track record in building strong relationships across cross-functional teams; leading to desired results.
- Must be extremely organized, work with a disciplined approach and able to work independently with little direction but also in a team environment.
- Able and willing to travel constantly within assigned division(s), and also nationally (25% of the time).
- Exceptional ability to influence to desired behaviors and/or results.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Able to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Detail-oriented, innovative, and problem-solving orientation
About Avon Canada Inc.
Why work for Avon?
- We offer:
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Commissions and bonuses based on quarterly performance
- Exciting Incentives & Programs (e.g. trips)
- Dynamic work environment with passionate colleagues
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
At Avon, we are committed to the empowerment of women worldwide. We demonstrate this commitment by providing a path to financial independence, self-reliance and the realization of dreams.
If you want to be part of that vision and are ready for new challenges and learning opportunities, we want to get to know you.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.