This position’s primary responsibility is to effectively develop and convey the organization’s messaging to members and other stakeholders. This role will focus on positively influencing the image and effectiveness of the Association and industry, and enhancing the value of membership.
The ideal candidate has a desire to take control of a communications program and create significant value for the organization and its members.
Reporting to: DSA President
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Associations digital media presence, including WordPress website and all social media platforms.
- Develop content for newsletters, press releases and other communication channels.
- Research and create presentations, reports and fact sheets for staff and member use.
- Produce high-quality and informative submissions and communications materials for media, government and other audiences.
- Execute or commission research projects to support communication effectiveness.
- Identify and advance media, public relations and advertising opportunities.
- Ensure all messaging and branding aligns with Association strategy and guidelines.
- Thoroughly edit and review all materials for consistency, accuracy, and clarity.
- Work with President and Manager, Operations & Member Services, to coordinate strategies, budgets, objectives and schedules.
- Effectively work with member committees to further the Association’s communications strategy.
- Assist in the planning and promotion of events and meetings.
- Assist in developing member recruitment and retention strategies.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical and proven experience in communications, PR or related fields.
- Strong design and content creation skills.
- Experience in effectively and creatively utilizing digital and social media platforms to communicate with multiple audiences.
- Ability to manage all stages of operationalizing a communications strategy.
- Proven research and report development skills.
- Excellent media relations proficiency.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively within constrained budgets.
- Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related fields.
- Experience working with an association is desirable.
- French language skills are an advantage.
Limited travel may be required.
Please submit a resume by email to email@example.com, identifying the position in the subject line, no later than February 7, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Direct Sellers Association of Canada
Since 1954, the Direct Sellers Association of Canada has established and upheld rigorous standards, ethics and good business practices as the recognized voice of our industry.