About the Business Development Manager Role:
Reporting to the VP of International, the Business Development Manager is responsible for overall Canada growth by owning the strategies that drive business results by managing the programs that support our sales and recruiting efforts of consultants, senior consultants, team leaders and directors. In this role, you are responsible for owning the functions around sales, recruiting, retention and develop that motivate our independent sales force. You will drive the programs that increase sales and recruiting, promote retention and director development through variety of touch-points, events and programs; delivering training, support and promotions.
As a member of the team, you can expect to work on:
- Drive the sales & recruiting efforts of consultants, senior consultants, team leaders and directors by providing sales and recruiting strategies, techniques and training. Assess skills and development needs of consultants & directors and provides significant feedback on all areas of field support & management.
- Develop a field-visit plan that would support all consultant levels by attending Team Meetings / Events as well as National and Leadership Conferences. Actively deliver coaching and provide guidance to help Directors lead their team and consultants to promote through the different career plan levels.
- Develop the overall training strategy and curriculum for the new Consultant to the top Director. Manage a team that will assist in the implementation and administration of field programs.
- Assist in the development and execution of field incentive trips and the annual National and Leadership Conferences.
- Accountable for the planning of workshops, speakers, training sessions and content for field meetings/trips/retreats.
- Manages recruiting & sales KPIs and implements strategies to increase results
- Develops and manages the field budget and balancing projects with financial implications.
- Leads discussions and strategy at sales meetings, National Conference & Leadership conferences.
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field of business preferred
- Minimum 3 years direct sales experience
- Minimum 5 years in sales management experience required
- High level of professionalism and ability to act as a role model for internal staff
- Ability to travel occasionally as required (less than 25% of the time)
- Creative thinking and the ability to approach things differently
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Accountability to take full ownership for everything you do
- Hunger for continuous improvement and a desire to be challenged
- Team spirit, work well within a small, high-performing team to build relationships
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Tenacity to get things done in a complex, cross-functional global environment
- Demonstrated skills of diplomacy, listening and ability to build rapport and trust with Consultant and Field Directors.
- Strong analytical thinker and problem-solver
About Pampered Chef
Doris Christopher founded Pampered Chef in 1980 with the belief that quick tips and powerful tools can fuel a faster, no-fuss cooking experience. But today, many of us don’t even have the time to sit down for an entire meal, let alone make one. That’s why at Pampered Chef we help you press pause on life and take in the most important moments with easy, everyday cooking built for today’s world.
We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
We’re committed to providing opportunities for individuals to develop their talents and skills to their fullest potential for the benefit of themselves, their families, our customers, and the company. And we’re dedicated to enhancing the quality of family life by providing quality kitchen products supported by service and information for our consultants and customers.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.